> >on playSound
> >   repeat with count = 1 to 30
> >      sound(4).queue([#member: member(count, "sound"), #which: count ])
> >   end repeat
> >   sound(4).play()
> >end

> >Let's say I want to set a global variable called soundCount =
> >sound(4).which  - How would I update soundCount as sound(4) was playing?
When
> >I check "sound(4).which" in the watcher window - it remains void.
>
> you can't update that property while it's playing.
>
> I was thinking more like
> sound(4).queue([#member: member("sound1"), #which: 1 ])
> sound(4).queue([#member: member("sound2"), #which: 2 ])
> sound(4).queue([#member: member("sound2"), #which: 3 ])
> sound(4).queue([#member: member("sound1"), #which: 4 ])
>
> & then monitoring sound(4).which would tell you which item from the
> original queue was now playing.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. (If you notice above, I did the same
as you are doing here, just with a repeat loop) However, my question is, how
do I monitor it?? How do I monitor sound(4).which? on an exitframe handler?
On a movie handler? Can you please show me how?

> Irv's idea is MUCH better.

The problem with Ivr's idea is that the handler "on cuePassed" doesn't seem
to register cuepoints on very short sounds. For example, if I use a blank
sound that's only .5 seconds long to space the other sounds, and on that .5
second sound I put a cuePoint, then when I use the on cuePassed handler, it
doesn't seem to catch the cuepoint. It works only the first time, but after
the second time it plays the "blank" sound (after playing a "real" sound) it
already doesn't catch the cuepoint again! I don't know why. Anybody have any
ideas? I am desperate to find a reliable way to execute a handler each time
a sound from the cueList is played.