namaste,

As Mr. Fiskeaux says, unless you have a compelling reason otherwise, the
thing to do is to embed the fonts in the director movie. then you don't
have to install the fonts on the system, you don't have to worry  about
which fonts are on the system.
you still have to test cross-platform, of course, but i find embedded
fonts to be pretty reliable.

--bhakti

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am developing cross-platform cd (windows & mac).I
> am installing font (eg.Verdana) in users machine by
> installation programme. I am taking care of both
> platform by using fontmap file.I do not want to
> embedd the fonts in director movie. My PROBLEM is
> after installation in macintosh, the text  alignment
> is(bad)different from windows and in some cases fonts
> are normal in windows but bold in mac eventhogh
> fontmap.txt is properly set.
>
> Anybody can help me in this........?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> joy

R. Bhakti Klein
Educational Software R & D
http://www.DLWorkshop.net
Baritone
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa