"The moviePath" represents the path to the current DIR movie, which may or
may not be the same as the path to the Projector.

"The applicationPath" is the path to the Projector (or to Director.EXE
during authoring).

You also might try adding parentheses, such as:

open (the moviePath & "myfile.txt") with "C:\windows\write.exe"

Also, try using an Xtra to test if the file exists at the specified path
(or at least check the path in the debugger of message window.)

>I need to open a text file, which is in the same folder as the projector,
>in wordpad from a projector. I'm using
>
>open the moviePath & "myfile.txt" with "C:\windows\write.exe"
>
>The problem is - wordpad opens but I get an error message saying "file
>My........ (etc.) not found." On the other hand the file opens Ok in
>notepad, although the formatting is lost.

Cheers,
Bruce

---------
Looking for an ActionScript book as good as Lingo and Director in a
Nutshell? Check out "ActionScript: The Definitive Guide" from O'Reilly.
Written by Colin Moock, edited by Bruce Epstein. Available Now!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565928520/zeusproductions
--------