Michael Nadel wrote:

> Whenever I pass a command from one behavior to another with a variable, the
> variable turns up all messed up! For example, when I write in a behavior on
> sprite 3:
>
> sendSprite(3, #checkRight, 15)
>
> And then on another behavior on sprite 3 I write:
>
> on checkRight whatNumber
>     put whatNumber
> end
>
> This is what I get in the message window!
>
> -- <offspring "findSound" 4 125c4b8>
>
> All I want is the number 15, not this weird line. Can someone tell me what I
> am doing wrong please?
> How do I pass a variable from behavior to behavior?

try this on sprite 3:

on checkRight me,whatNumber
     put whatNumber
 end

the spew you're getting is the object reference for the instance of
'findsound' attached to sprite 3

--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1