Oh but you can use FileIO too, Kerry. Just attempt to open a file and if it
fails, the open method returns a 0. We use that always to detect the cdrom
in our software.

Macr has a nice technote on FileIO on their site. Just visit them and hit a
search.

Regards,
Pranav
Samuel Colt - the inventor of the point and click interface.

<snip>
>How can I accomplish this using File IO?

I don't think you can with FileIO, but FileXtra3 will do it (and it's
free). There's a method, fx_FileExists, I believe, that will do your check.

Or, if you prefer, Buddy API has a similar function, and it's free if you
use 2 or less functions.
<snip>