No, this needs to be all done from inside Director without any
interaction from the end user.  They can't even create the folder
path on the network drive because they say it is too much effort.

This network drive is a local drive to each store across the nation,
but it is managed from one central location across a network.
They say that creating a script to create the folder path on
each server in the network would be too much work.

We're talking about a path that's \\servername\folderone\foldertwo\
It's just two folder levels and they say they can't do it.
Even if they had 1000 servers, from a central location I could
manually create those folders in about an hour, I'd wager, by
simply creating the two folders on the first one and then copying
the top folderone and pasting it on every network drive.

At any rate, is there a solution here?  There's also the possibility
that the drive may already be mapped to the system, in which case it
needs to know what the drive letter is and write to it.

-Steven