Just got in and thought I'd post the question before I attempted it
myself.

I've got a bunch of buttons that react the same (ie rollover, down, blah
blah blah) but on mousedown should all call a different handler.

I was thinking that I create one behavior asking for the text of the
handler to call, then do a sendallsprites(do(stringentered))

Would this be the way to go or would it be
sendallsprites(symbol(textentered))

?