For another approach, see my article at Director Online:

   http://www.director-online.com/accessArticle2.cfm?id=340

Basic idea:  Have a generic button behavior that you attach to any
and all buttons.  When the button is clicked it does a sendSprite to
the current sprite number calling a standard handler (I chose
"mHit").  Then you attach another custom behavior to each button
where each does the action of the button.  For example, one could be:

on mHit me
    SomeMovieLevelHandler()
end

And another could be:

on mHit me
    gSomeObject.mSomeMethodCall()
end

Or whatever.

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)