Some History....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Australian_Corps_of_Signals

> The 1st Australian Wireless Signal Squadron was a unit of the Australian
> Imperial Force (AIF) which served in Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq) during
> World War I. Formed in late 1915, it took part in the Mesopotamian Campaign
> from 1916 to 1918, providing communications to British forces. Later,
> elements of the squadron served as part of Dunsterforce in 1918 and 1919, and
> in Kurdistan in 1919. The unit was also known as the 1st Wireless Signal
> Squadron and 1st Australian and New Zealand Signal Squadron.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Australian_Wireless_Signal_Squadron

Australians  in Mesopotamia (Chapter 1, The Signal Units, 1916-17)
http://static.awm.gov.au/images/collection/pdf/RCDIG1069687--1-.PDF

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz BSc (Computer Science)
ICT Consultant, Author & Editor of Annandale on the Web