As a great fan of Australia Post services including their passport service, even when I was in Canberra and here in Inner Sydney, I would hope they do continue to provide this service.

RURAL and remote Australians will be further disadvantaged when Australia
Post's contract to process passport applications expires in June next year...
Australia Post has provided application lodgement services on behalf
of the Australian Passport Office since 1983.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will replace the
existing application process with an online capability.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3833586/australia-post-to-lose-passport-services/?cs=4067

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Telephone: 0414-869202