On 07/04/16 18:51, Andy Farkas wrote:
On 07/04/2016 18:35, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

Post have never taken the photos, you've always had to supply your own. Why couldn't they be uploaded as part of the application and verified when the application is checked?

That is incorrect.

I had to get a passport late last year. Went to the post office (~30 min
drive from where I live), checked my hair and stood in front of the fixed
camera on the counter. For some reason it didn't work, so she got the
hand-held camera, took us out the back and snapped some shots there.
She printed them off, put them in a nice envelope, and handed them
back to us to get endorsed.

Oh, and no appointment necessary. Just rock up and say you want
passport photos.

Cool, seems that's new. I got my latest one in 2014, and you definitely still had to go to the pharmacy or whatever and pay nearly $20 for passport photos then.

Hamish