David rightly wrote,

“If the Government's loud protestations that they only want to improve the
health system are true then perhaps they could begin by removing access from
every entity except registered hospitals and medical practices, and individuals
to their own record.  If some organisation wants access to my record for
research purposes, they can damn well ask me first.  And if ASIO wants access
they can justify a judicial warrant.” DavidL.

Also like what Stil writes today ..
https://www.zdnet.com/article/canberra-still-in-denial-over-my-health-record-concerns/

“.. It seems to me that the government is still in denial about the mounting
opposition to My Health Record and the flaws in it..

The ADHA's My Health Record Twitter account has been pumping out a stream of
positive stories, and links to positive news stories.

Perhaps that's to be expected.  But they're still missing the core point.

People don't fear that My Health Record won't be useful.

They're worried that their medical data might be
misused<https://www.zdnet.com/article/my-health-record-opt-out-debate-is-getting-silly-but-government-is-at-fault/>,
 or involved in a data
breach<https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-my-health-record-story-no-politician-should-miss/>,
 and they're not satisfied with the answers they're getting.

"People aren't stupid, they know the importance of updated medical information
and their inability to remember the minutiae," wrote oncologist Ranjana
Srivastava in Guardian
Australia<https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/30/patients-trust-their-doctors-with-secrets-not-the-government-or-the-tax-office>
 on Monday.

"What they (have) have concerns about the privacy of their data. But these
concerns are legitimate." ..

The government needs to stop denying the validity of the criticisms.

Cheers,
Stephen