It's not guaranteed that the government won't shoot you or imprison you
either.  Such is life.

The one thing that that George Orwell was absolutely correct about is that
there was a year called 1984.  The rest turned out, ironically, to be
exactly the kind of fake news he was railing against.  Fake news (i.e.
stories that are designed to get the juices flowing) travel faster and
further.  Reality comes a long second.