Rich Smrcina wrote:
> The numbers are real enough.  Rockin good price comparison.
>
> On Friday 18 January 2002 08:38 pm, you wrote:
[...]
> > 100 copies of NT costs more than 1 copy of VM

The one weak point in several of the price comparisons that
I have seen sofar is that they tend to compare
        NT on Intel
versus
        Linux on S/390

which is not quite the same as
        Linux on Intel
versus
        Linux on S/390

Note that NT on Intel quite possibly requires more boxes,
and hence more software licenses and more personel than
Linux on Intel.
Thus, the more interesting comparison to me seems to be
Linux on Intel vs Linux on S/390.

Unless, of course, the aim is to sell Linux on S/390...

--
     Willem Konynenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas