Steve:

> Thanks for the information. I'm running Suse 2.2.16 and looking for
> optimization beyond that which is available for this port. If I am
> going to compile and tune my own Linux kernel, why go with anything
> but that which IBM is using in the Z/OS arena? ...

Steve: I think you meant zSeries, not z/OS. In any case, IBM is distro
agnostic. While our commercial distro partners on zSeries are Red Hat,
SuSE and Turbolinux (in alphabetical order), we also work with many
other distros. We don't have a preferred distro for internal use.

Regards, Jim Elliott - Linux Advocate, IBM Canada Ltd.