> Roger. I do mean Z/Series, not Z/OS. As for IBM being "distro
> agnostic", what does this portend:

>> We use it for cross-development for a 64-bit target zSeries system,
>> whose nature I can't discuss yet (announcement pending, hopefully
>> within the next 6 months)

Steve:

To keep our trademarks straight, it is zSeries and z/OS (case and slash
sensitive). The hardware does not have a slasha and the software does,
and no, I don't know why.

As to the "distro agnostic", IBM has formal relationships with Red Hat,
SuSE and Turbolinux on zSeries. We do not express a preference. As to
Jim Tison's comments, he is in TPF development (one of the four
mainframe OSs you can buy from IBM). I can't say what he is working on,
but check out http://ibm.com/tpf for more info on that OS.

Regards, Jim Elliott - Linux Advocate, IBM Canada Ltd.