From: Wolfe, Gordon W [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 4:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IBM announces LINUX-only 1 to 4 engine zSeries

        >run Linux under z/VM V4. The comments in the
> announcement about not needing traditional skills...

Reminds me of 1987 when IBM announced the 9370 and VM/IS.  Ads were
something like "Your Secretary can install it and run it".  True.  But if
you EVER needed to change it, say to add more DASD or to grant a privilege
to a user, THEN you needed a systems programmer!  That's how I got this job.

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back."
-Piet Hein,  Journal of Irreproducible Results March, 1971
Gordon W. Wolfe, Ph.D
VM Technical SErvices, The Boeing Company, (425)865-5940