From: Karl Tucker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: January 28, 2002 4:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: IBM announces LINUX-only 1 to 4 engine zSeries

Michael,
            I have worked with many different operating systems as a sysprog
over the course of the last 33 years. I now support MVS (OS/390, ZOS (these
are IBM marketing terms as I am sure you are aware)), VM/ESA, Linux (Redhat
and SUSE) and all resources susch as DASD. My experience includes CICS, IMS,
and DB2 with low level programming in assembler. I can do Windows and OS/2
also.
            Of all operatng systems, I believe that VM (any flavor) far
exceeds the quality and usability of any other operating system. In fact, I
believe it would have been the best PC system and could have been the best
mainframe system.
             This is why I applaud your statements.