No sure about that, you should read the LSB docs for builds, certainly has
changed. Right, SuSE did place a symlink there for the RH RPM's But
calling this "Standard" is a little far, Solaris and system V are
/etc/init.d But, anybody can make a standard I guess, just have to get
people to follow it is the trick or be a monopoly like Microsoft and
change an RFC because you want to put stupid hooks into it for your own
selfish pleasure, and demand that people use it :~0)

Regards,

Jon

Jon R. Doyle
Sendmail Inc.