Not necessary, just add the variable "YES" in rc.config for START_SSHD=.
This file is located in /etc All lot of options are placed here and the
script SuSEconfig builds everything for you. You can also do this through
YAST with "System Admin" and then "change configuration file" You need to
have the package installed of course. SLES vs the 2.2 kernel seem to
differ on that, meaning it looks like ssh is not installed on 2.2 ver.

Regards,

Jon

Jon R. Doyle
Sendmail Inc.