Check out the TZ (Time Zone) variable.  You can set this on a per user
basis and I believe you can set it system wide.  Not sure how on RH Linux,
on other Unixes it might be an /etc/environment or /etc/default/...

                    "Hall, Jammie"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    >                     cc:
                    Sent by: Linux        Subject:     time config
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    02-27-2002
                    08:49
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

I was noticing that my time is off by 6hrs. In reading the RH 7.2
customization guide I got from the RH s390 site, everything is
referencing GUI stuff. How many have a video card on the MF? I need text
based. I looked at my /etc/sysconfig/clock I have "America/Chicago".
Sounded good at the time, plus I have no idea what the options are,
however it's not right. my questions are
1.) how do I change this (using text based config tool pls)?
2.) what do I change it to, so it recognizes DST also? (I'm in CST,
Kansas)
3.) am I missing something to be able to use a GUI to configure on the
mainframe or does RH just not get it?
4.) I also need to configure NTP. is there a tool to do both?

regards,
j-me