hello,

  thanks for your response.

  yes, we are sharing an osa card between the lpars. one of the newer ones
i believe.
  as far the the magic goes, are there any documented techniques?

regards, steve

                    "Peter Webb,
                    Toronto Transit        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    Commission"            cc:
                    <Peter.Webb@ttc        Fax to:
                    .ca>                   Subject:     Re: FTP and Telnet not working
                    Sent by: Linux         in linux 390 lpars
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    03/01/2002
                    09:03 AM
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

Are you by any chance sharing an OSA card between the LPARS? IIRC with the
older (maybe newer ones too) OSA cards, you cannot talk between LPARS when
the card is shared. You may have to do some magic with a router to get it
work.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
>                     >                      Fax to:
>                     Sent by: Linux         Subject:     Re: FTP and
Telnet