IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!
The LCS saga comes to an end.
-----------  Mark wrote  ---------------------
Ah, I forgot the Red Hat initrd doesn't include a ping command.  At this
point, though, I would suspect that if you try to ping the installation
system from somewhere else, that it will likely respond.
I am able to logon in after manually bringing eth0 up per Mark's
instructions. Which raises the question as to why it isn't happening
automatically. But now onto the next phase - loader.
But before I start that, I would like to express my appreciation for this
forum with special thanks to those that responded to my issues and they are
Florian, Mark, Sergey, Maciek, Jay, and Rob. Perhaps some day soon I can
become a "giver' as well as a "taker" on this listserv. Something that may
expedite that would be a good Linux technical guide; somewhere between a
GIM and a technical reference. A rough analogy in the MVS arena might be
the Sysprog's Init & Tuning Guide. Any suggestions are welcome and direct
email is OK.
And thanks again........  Larry

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you
are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not responsible for delivery
of this message to that person) , you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.

If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind,
please advise the sender.

Shaw Industries, Inc. does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company.