On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:39:21AM -0400, Dave Myers wrote:
> In a message dated 5/24/2002 12:50:49 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > For updating only glibc, you can do "rpm -Fvh glibc*.rpm nscd*.rpm" and it
> > should also work fine.
> >

> Florian,
>
> Why the nscd*.rpm  ????
> I updated glibc yesterday and it did not call out this requisite??

:-)

Then it seems to be fine without it. I thought there has been a requirement
within nscd to specify the exact glibc version. If that has changed or if
you didn't have nscd installed in the first place, everything is fine.

My intention was to satisfy rpm requirements. If they don't exist, that
is fine. Also these things don't make any real difference if you haven't
enabled it (/etc/init.d/nscd and /etc/nscd.conf)

cu,

Florian La Roche