On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Jousma wrote:

> Thanks all for the responses.  For us, this is a chicken and egg thing.
> We are just testing the waters, so to speak, so we are not ready to
> call any vendor(s) to see if they will play in the 390 environment.
> You have answered my question, though.  The 3rd party app must
> specify z/series or S390 as a platform, and if not, then it is not
> compatible(at this time).

I know some folk value certification, but I wonder. Some time ago a
local business would not run Oracle on Linux "because it's not
certified."

It was actually available and it ran fine.

Take a look at the software you run:
        Is Samba certified?
        Is Sendmail/Postfix/Exim?

So far as I know, _none_ of the hardware I run Linux on is certified.

--

Cheers
John.