Not entirely we think:

LSB does help in the the layout for scripts, like /usr/local/xxx for
sendmail and /etc/init.d etc, but the two main distros we certify Rh adv
srv and SuSE SLES both seemingly will have differences in the near future
in respects to libs, SLES will be taking an approach with NGPT (Next
Generation Posix Threads) an IBM sponsored project, while RH will be going
with another flavor, each differs, one is M:N while the other is 1:1. The
confusion for us now is do we just compile against whatever is in glibc or
do we go back to a port for ea distro and have some advantages?

I believe we willl maintain a single xxx123-LNX.rpm moving forward, LSB
helped us eliminate xxx123-SuSE.rpm and xxx123-RH.rpm, but it reamins to
be seen I think how close the LSB spec will hold Linux distos for ISVs
like us and how well those distros comply. It is not un-common for Os
vendors to "create" new standards, or claim there are new ones and
everybody should do this or that :~)

Regards,

Jon

Jon R. Doyle