> Not entirely we think:
>
> LSB does help in the the layout for scripts, like /usr/local/xxx for
> sendmail and /etc/init.d etc, but the two main distros we
> certify Rh adv
> srv and SuSE SLES both seemingly will have differences in the
> near future
> in respects to libs, SLES will be taking an approach with NGPT (Next
> Generation Posix Threads) an IBM sponsored project, while RH
> will be going
> with another flavor, each differs, one is M:N while the other
> is 1:1. The
> confusion for us now is do we just compile against whatever
> is in glibc or
> do we go back to a port for ea distro and have some advantages?

Hmm. It would seem on the surface that compiling against glibc and
sticking to a LSB level would probably be the Right Thing, but you have
a point on possible performance advantages, etc.  Still, aren't the API
semantics of the thread stuff supposed to be the same, and then resolved
with dynamic linking? Without that guarantee, the LSB probably isn't
really worth much.

> It is not un-common for Os
> vendors to "create" new standards, or claim there are new ones and
> everybody should do this or that :~)

That's the great thing about standards; there's so many to choose from.
8-)

-- db