On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, John Summerfield wrote:

> I don't see why you shouldn't have / ro, have a basic /etc with enough for
> system recovery and to have an entry in /etc/inittab to run a script to locate
> and mount the real /etc over the top. You could probably do it from /linuxrc
> too, I have an installer that runs entirely from there;-)

Hmmm...

/etc/mtab : The list of currently mounted partitions. Can it be replaced
            by a link to /proc/mounts ?
/etc/lvmtab : information about LVM volums . updated by vgscan on each
              boot. To re-update it, run vgscan again.

Anything else that is normally written to /etc ?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]