The patch seems to work, although I tend to get junk at the end of the
parm line if I specify it, and the capitalization all goes away.

For example, if I do

ipl deb24m parm line VMPOFF='IPL CMS'

what shows up is

Kernel command line: root=/dev/dasd/0150/part1 ro noinitrd
dasd=0150-015f vmpoff="LOGOFF" vmpoff='ipl cms'1 q

So, what's that '1 q' doing at the end?  And how can I make the parm
line respect my capitalization (that's probably a CMS thing, isn't it?)?

Setting mem=XXM at the end of the line works, although when deb24m
contained mem=24M at the end, doing

ipl deb24m parm line mem=64m

Resulted in mem=64mm being passed to the kernel.  Probably the same bug
as above.

Adam