On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Ronald Van Der Laan wrote:
> /* */
> Call Diag 8, 'CP IPL LINUX PARM VMPOFF="ipl cms" MEM=64M'

We're presenting examples and omitting context.
What works in REXX on CMS might not work from a Linux shell
and probably will *not* work from the un-aided CP command line.

Ronald,  I'm not sure if "case inversion" is the right solution.
I see that it works based on your example and explanation,
but the purist in me is really bothered by it since there *are*
case sensitive interfaces to CP.   If we had case inversion just to
circumvent a problem in VPMOFF and VMHALT,  that would be a mistake.

Remember rules like  "least astonishment".
Case inversion can be quite a surprise.   The un-informed might
think it is a bug,  post to the list asking for help,  get a half
dozen replies of  "that's how it's supposed to work".   Yuck.

It's not a bad thing per se.
But don't implement it solely to avoid fixing a different problem.

-- RMT