On Friday, 03/07/2003 at 09:24 EST, "Beinert, William"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I didn't think you could get a "linux only" z800. I thought you had to
have at
> least one zOS enabled engine.

Yes, the z800 is available in an IFL-only configuration.  From the IBM
sales manual:
The 2066 IBM eServer zSeries Offering for Linux Model 0LF includes the
z800 IBM eServer with 1 to 4 Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL) engines,
8 GB to 16 GB of memory (depending on number of engines enabled), ESCON,
OSA Express, and FICON Express channels, z/VM version 4, three years of
hardware support, three years of z/VM subscription support, and other
optional services from IBM.

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
 IBM z/VM Development