Eric,

The link did the trick. I entered the link and used ./db2setup and
everything installed no problem.

I was also installing HTTP from WAS V5 with Fixpak 1 on another SuSE SLES7
which worked ok for the install.
When I tried to do ./apachectl start I received the same error as in the
DB2 UDB V7 install complaining about the
missing lib. I entered the same link and now ./apachectl start works and
HTTP is up.

Thanks for the tip............

Eric wrote:
I installed TAM 4.1 and that is why I have UDB V8.  Ahh the
requirements....

Anyhow, I installed the following RPMs instead of using the db2inst
script.

First I would recommend using IBM DB2 8.1.  I was able to get around this
error by doing the following:

ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

I then executed the rpm installs with the following options

Regards,
Terry L. Spaulding
IBM Global Services
Tele: 781-895-2802    Tie/L: 362-2802