I've noticed that when the "dasdfmt" program formats a "cdl" volume, there
is one thing "missing". DS1LSTAR is not set.
Is this "by design" or just because it was too much of a bother to put it in
there?

The only thing that this would get me would be the ability to use "ftp" on
MVS to send the entire partition to another site (of course, it had better
not be mounted to Linux during the "ftp" process). It would also allow a
very easy "copy" using ICEGENER. But I guess using DFDSS or FDR to do the
copy is just as easy.

More just curiousity on my part than any real need.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its' content is
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this transmission, or taking any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.