This tidbit is one of the things I list as "missing" in my Linux/390
presentations.  I think read-only access to an ext2/ext3/reiserfs file
system from z/OS and z/VM would be a Good Thing[tm].

From: Kern, Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 9:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Possible enhancement idea for dasdfmt

Actually, it would be nice to have an OS/390 program that could READ a Linux
filesystem. There is a fair amount of data collection I could do using our
Apache/PHP webservers. Then instead of another FTP type process to move the
data to OS/390 for inclusion in larger databases, the database update
process could read the data directly from the Linux DASD.

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211