From: Adam Thornton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 9:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SCO Vs IBM

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:52, James Melin wrote:
> Looks like some of the 'evidence' given to IBM by SCO was the
result of a
> google search. This is pathetic.

Given the quality of SCO's, ah, "evidence" so far, they're clearly not
hoping to win this case on its merits.

So here's my question:

What does it cost to buy a judge these days?  Is that amount large or
small compared to a $3B judgment?  What if your under-the-table
arrangement is for a percentage of the gross, as it is with your
lawyers?

Although, if that's your play, why bother to hire good lawyers?  And
really, I thought Boies et al. were supposed to be at least *competent*;
if the best they can do (they *do*, after all, have the budget to hire
adequate technical consultants) is a couple hours' worth of hacking
together find and grep scripts, and then appending a Google query, why
are they worth millions and millions of dollars?

It's all very bizarre.

Adam