Sometimes the hardest of problems have the simplest solutions. We ran some
packet traces and confirmed that even with the CTCs out of the OSPF
configuration they were still part of the source VIPA configuration. I
really wanted to dedicate LPAR-LPAR traffic on the CTCs and leave the OSAs
for normal network traffic. I am not going to mess with the qdio just yet
because I must move this Linux LPAR to another processor in 2 months. I
will revisit qdio at that time.

For now, I simply removed the CTCs from the z/OS source VIPA
configuration. This allowed me to dedicate the CTCs for high volume LPAR
traffic without affecting the OSAs and network usage. I pass this along
for those like myself that sometimes miss the boat because we take too
long to stop and smell the flowers.

Our VIPA configuration was:

HOME
  xxx.xxx.98.20   MAINPEPT
  10.28.93.20     FE1         ; OSA Express Fast Ethernet card
  10.28.91.20     FE2         ; OSA Express Fast Ethernet card
  xxx.xxx.86.9    CTCTP              ;Test to Prod
  xxx.xxx.86.5    CTCTC              ;Test to CEC
;
PRIMARYINTERFACE MAINPEPT

We simply moved the CTCs before the primary interface like so to remove
them from the source VIPA configuration:

HOME
  xxx.xxx.86.5    CTCTC              ;Test to CEC
  xxx.xxx.86.9    CTCTP              ;Test to Prod
  1xxx.xxx.98.20   MAINPEPT
  10.28.93.20     FE1         ; OSA Express Fast Ethernet card
  10.28.91.20     FE2         ; OSA Express Fast Ethernet card
;
PRIMARYINTERFACE MAINPEPT

Additional packet traces confirmed that the CTCs are no longer part of the
source VIPA. This has been working great. Thanks you all that pointed me
in the right direction.

Peter