I was finally able to get it to tell me what broadcast address it was
using, and yes infact it is now using 101.255. I cannot tell you if it was
using 100.255 previously with the 255.255.255.0 NM.

             "Fargusson.Alan"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             tb.ca.gov>                                                 To
             Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Linux NFS shares and Windoze
                                       interoperability
             04/27/2004 10:36
             AM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

Your broadcast address looks right to me.  I don't know if I can explain
this well, but I will try.

The subnet mask that you specified says that the subnet has a 9 bit host
address.  Thus the last 9 bits of the IP address specifies the host on the
subnet.  The broadcast address on this subnet has the last 9 bits on.  In
general the broadcast address has all bits of the host part on.  Therefore
the broadcast address is the upper 23 bits of the IP for the subnet with
all ones for the host part, which is 137.70.101.255.  The 101 is due to the
fact that the last bit is on for the broadcast address.  Note that 101 in
binary is 01100101 <- that last bit is one.  A 100 would be 01100100.

Now if you are sure that the broadcast address is wrong, then your subnet
mask must be wrong.