On Monday, 05/17/2004 at 08:43 EST, James Melin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would prefer that IBM just ditch book mangler (erm, book manager) and
go
> with PDF. I would rather slit my wrists than use the book manager
> interface.

Please see the VMESA-L archives for lots of discussion about BookManager
vs. PDF.  Bottom line:
- Neither provides all the features of the others.
- Each has its fans
- Each has its advantages in certain situations
- Discussions are religious in nature, ultimately degenerating into
"Providing both Bookie and PDF files is ok, if you insist, but just make
sure you don't stop shipping <insert_favorite_here> format."

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development