If you are running  VM in 31 bit mode then you should change to have
real 2 GB and expanded 1 GB.
If you are running  VM in 64 bit mode then your current real 2.5 GB and
expanded .5 GB is ok.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Not in 64 bit mode that I* am aware of, except of course that it's on a
z/box. I"m not involved heavily in the VM side of things, but we're NOT
running 64 bit linux if that is any indicator.  If you have 3 GB available,
presuming that VM is running in 64 bit mode (I would have to think that our
very experienced z/os people would realized that anything over 2 GB in 31
bit mode is 'lost') what would people say should be the allocation? We're
trying to get as much real storage as possible, and frankly, I don't think
we have a real good idea of what to do with expanded storage in vm as it
relates to linux. We don't have ANY defined to the 2 GB lpar on the z/800
at the moment because the recommendation from IBM to make some memory
expanded stor for VM came after we did our last config.

If we're in 31 bit mode on z/VM we should do 2 real and 1 expanded? We
change the config on the 23rd of this month, so I want to get it right. The
next time we can change the config is july 18th but the POC will be over by
then.

            Phil Tully
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            ET.ML.COM>                                                 To
            Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            390 Port                                                   cc
            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                      Re: Hipersockets..... a couple of
                                      questions
            05/18/2004 11:58
            AM

Please respond to Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED] IST.EDU>