From: Peter E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 1:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Lost access to Linux

Normally when I boot Linux, I receive an id prompt where I log on as root
and then I am able to enter commands. I no longer receive the prompt and
any command I enter via the HMC does not respond. Otherwise Linux looks
like it is up and running even though I have the error:

What are my options of entering a command from the HMC? Am I screwed? Can
I boot the installation and do anything to recover? I am open to any
suggestions at this point.

Peter

Peter E Abresch/EP/PEP
05/18/2004 07:10 AM

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
Lost access to Linux

I rebooted my Linux system after 45 days and now I am receiving the
following error:

modprobe: modprobe: Can?t open dependencies file
/lib/modules/2.4.21-107-default/modules.dep (no such file or directory)

I have no network connectivity and my HMC console does not seem to be
processing any commands. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Peter