> I just installed debian under vm
> I have a question
> I am having problems getting an nfs mount to happen.

There are three steps to NFS mounts:

1) on the NFS server: the filesystem to be exported must be mounted.
2) on the NFS server: the filesystem must be exported to your client
3) on the NFS client: the mount command gets executed.

Step 0 is to make sure you have DNS (preferred) or /etc/hosts entries
for both client AND server on BOTH client AND server.

If it's a CD or disk, then do step 1: mount <filesystem> <mountpoint>

2nd, edit /etc/exports appropriately, and run exportfs -a.

Once that's done, you should be able to do "mount server:<filesystem>
/localmountpoint" from the client.

> I did the http install without a problem..
> Did the http install get the latest and greatest
> Release of Debian????

It got the release your /etc/apt.sources claimed as stable.

> Is there a command to get the release of Debian...
> Like uname -a..?????

uname should work.

> Attached is the error I am getting

No attachment in the note I got.