Perhaps appropriate tuning of sshd and using ssh -X would do the trick as
well, as long as you are running from a Linux w/ an X display (like from a
Knoppix boot).

The advantage there is that the sshd daemon will automagically funnel
localhost:10 (or however you tune sshd's configuration) to the client
system.

Tunnels...  they're not just for crossing the Hudson River any more.

--------------------
John R. Campbell, Speaker to Machines (GNUrd)      {813-356|697}-5322
Adsumo ergo raptus sum
MacOS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging
Windows.
Red Hat Certified Engineer (#803004680310286)
IBM Certified: IBM AIX 4.3 System Administration, System Support
----- Forwarded by John Campbell/Tampa/IBM on 11/17/2004 11:00 AM -----

                      "Kohrs, Steven"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by: Linux on        cc:
                      390 Port                 Subject:  Re: [LINUX-390] Linux
Performance Issue
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IST.EDU>

                      11/17/2004 10:45
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Linux on 390 Port

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:24, Tom Duerbusch wrote:
> But after the product is installed, then bring down KDE!
>
> I think a year or so ago, DB2/UDB required a gui screen for the install
> (just to ask one question).

What am I missing here?  I run X applications (DB2 installs, GSKit
iKeyman, ldapxcfg) all the time from z/VM Linux guests.

export DISPLAY=192.168.0.1:0.0

Now, I'm also trying to learn all the command line equivalents so I
DON'T have to run X applications.  :)