From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Michael MacIsaac
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 1:08 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SuSE Installation Server

Ismael,

> I'm trying to use yast to setup the install server

I put up a draft chapter as a PDF at
http://mikemacisaac.com/configureNFS.pdf - I hope this will help. It
details the steps around the mkinstallroot script I posted a while back
and how to make the tree available via NFS.  I've at least run through the
steps once or twice and they seemed to work.  Any feedback will be
appreciated.

If you set this NFS server up and install SLES9 on zSeries, YaST on the
installed image will "remember" the install credentials (server,
directory). Later you can copy the install tree over to a zSeries Linux
image and change the YaST settings if you want.

(P.S. this is part of a larger project we *hope* to announce at a SHARE
BOF in early March and make available in April)

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061