On Apr 6, 2005 7:50 PM, Jim Sibley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What about PAV's for page/spool volumes? We're trying
> to decide what size shark volumes to use in a new VM installation.

If you plan to run a lot of large Linux virtual machines without a bag
of tricks, then eventually you will need to back all that virtual
storage with paging space. Suppose you were thinking in the range of
2G per virtual machine (I am not suggesting that this is a good idea),
that's 2 page packs -3 each (allow for max 50% utilization). The limit
of 256 cpowned volumes is getting close... Begging for 3390-1 is
probably not a good idea in that environment.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com