My guess: RS-232 (or USB) to a Intel/Linux system doing the actual
monitoring. Use that system to send SNMP traps to "the appropriate
places". Of course, this means that you could have a z/VM service
machine running to receive the trap and issue the SHUTDOWN to z/VM
without involving any Linux guest at all.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.