Looking to take the easy way out by just asking question.  We are
running Z/vm 5.1, Suse 8, and Oracle 10G....Just
starting to test performance......3 oracle queries will bring the IFL to
100%--the IFL seems to take all of the expanded storage we give it.  The
Linux guest is 750M.

Unfortunately, I have no oracle knowledge....the oracle people are just
saying performance is awful.....They are currently running Oracle 8 in
production on a Risc 7025 with 2 335 M processors and kind of getting
by.  It seems there must be something is very wrong over on the IFL.  I
am leaning more toward Oracle.    Any suggestions?