I meant VM monitoring.

Perry, Melissa wrote:
Running on V960 w/ escon from STK..  Depending on DBA for monitoring

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Rich Smrcina
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:22 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Oracle 10G POOR performance

What kind of processor and DASD?  Do you have any monitoring tools?

Perry, Melissa wrote:

Looking to take the easy way out by just asking question.  We are
running Z/vm 5.1, Suse 8, and Oracle 10G....Just starting to test
performance......3 oracle queries will bring the IFL to 100%--the IFL
seems to take all of the expanded storage we give it.  The Linux guest

is 750M.

Unfortunately, I have no oracle knowledge....the oracle people are
just saying performance is awful.....They are currently running Oracle

8 in production on a Risc 7025 with 2 335 M processors and kind of
getting by.  It seems there must be something is very wrong over on

the IFL.  I

am leaning more toward Oracle.    Any suggestions?

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.