On Aug 19, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Ranga Nathan wrote:

We use SLES9 and reiserfs.  Outside the z/VM environment, I do not
see or
hear of so many incidents of file corruption using reiserfs. There
seems to
be some gap in my understanding here.

I have been a big un-fan of reiserfs since it ate a bunch of my mail
spool under heavy load (on LVM disk across ten minidisks).  I try
hard to avoid its use these days.  For what it's worth, I use signal
shutdown on guests with ext3 all the time and have never had
corruption issues.

Adam