> is there any option to eTrust (i.e. LDAP Server under zOS to
> interface to
> ACF2) that fit the LDAP model better than eTrust?
> or easier to implement than eTrust?

 Not that I know of, although the Linux IUCV driver we posted last week
opens up a lot of interesting opportunities, such as connecting to the VM
*RPI CP service, allowing you to implement a Linux guest as a CP external
security manager. Once that's done (and the smart way to do it would be to
write a *RPI to PAM bridge widget), then any authentication/authorization
method available to Linux would be available for CP and Linux equally. This
would be particularly helpful if the RACROUTE macro also used that interface
-- I don't know for certain if it does, but Alan Altmark can probably
confirm one way or another. If it does, then most of the IBM stuff would
also work properly against an arbitrary AAA source. I'm still thinking a bit
more about how this should be done, so don't take this as gospel.

> One comment, I thought the conversation was around Omegamon
> for Linux (for z-Series).  Then, Omegamon knows what is going
> on inside the Linux image.

Hmm. The demos of Omegamon for Linux I've seen were for running the
monitoring server on Linux. The agents they were demoing didn't do much more
than 'top'. Sounds like it's time to look at it again. The XE demo was
really pretty spiffy, though.

-- db