From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Eli Criffield
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:29 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: LVM for system fs in production?

Is anyone using lvm for all there file systems safely. We currently only
use lvm for non-system file systems only, but have a test box that uses
lvm for every file system except /boot.

The test box is working fine but i just wanted to check to see if there
is any reason to not use lvm for system file systems (/usr, /var,
/ect...) before i made a production box all lvm.

Also the same question about reiserfs? Does anyone use reiserfs? Is
there any reason not to use reiserfs?

Eli